Infertility is a common diagnosis, affecting millions of couples. While stress doesn’t appear to cause infertility, infertility often increases emotional stress. Many couples rate in vitro fertilization (IVF) as one of the biggest stressors in their lives. By learning stress management skills, taking care of yourself and connecting with others, you will start to feel in control—even when you are having trouble getting pregnant.
Nurse-Led Peer Support Group
SRM’s nurse-led peer support group is a great way to learn stress management skills. The group:
• Is for patients who do not yet have a child and are currently in treatment (including those using donor egg or sperm).
• Involves a consistent group of women (size range between 6-12 women).
• Meets every week for six sessions, with a time commitment spanning several months.
Does this sound like you?
- I’m feeling lonely and isolated.
- I have very few people to talk with about my infertility. No one understands.
- Everyone I know is pregnant or has children.
- My partner is the only one I have who provides emotional support.
- Infertility is affecting my work and career.
- I feel that my life plan is out of control. I’m having trouble navigating through my medical treatment options.
- I can’t decide when “enough is enough”.
- Holidays and coping with family and friends is becoming more and more difficult.
Support Group Details
- Where: The support group will rotate between SRM’s Puget Sound locations. All six meetings will be held at the same location for that session. (See below for Spokane location details.)
- When: Every week, for about six sessions, in the evenings
- Who: 6-12 women, SRM patients only at this time please
Next Support Group
April 2nd – May 14th 2019
6:00 – 7:30 pm
SRM – Seattle – 1505 Westlake Ave. N Suite 400
Hosted by SRM Nurses and Counselors
Please email email@example.com to register for this upcoming group.
Facebook Support Group
Hope and Support is a Seattle-based infertility support group. Through their closed Facebook page, they connect people dealing with infertility. This group welcomes people in every stage of their journey—from those who have just begun having infertility issues to those undergoing the most advanced reproductive fertility procedures.
Other closed Facebook Support Groups:
Hope and Support – a Seattle-based Infertility Support Group for Men
Hope and Support – a Seattle-based Pregnant after Infertility Support Group
Resolve Seattle Peer-Led Support Group
Are you among the 1 in 8 American couples struggling to build your family? Are you currently pursuing treatment or considering adoption? Are you looking for an opportunity to connect with others on a similar journey? Come join our group!
RESOLVE Peer-led Support Groups are informal opportunities for women and men experiencing infertility to connect with one another, to discuss their situations and to receive support from others who have had similar experiences or who are struggling with similar issues. Group moderators are volunteers and are not mental health professionals. Attendance is free. Please contact the group host before attending your first meeting.
Seattle Peer-Led Support is a free support group affiliated with RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association.
Besides the Seattle area, there are other peer-led support groups around the Puget Sound area, from Bellingham to Burien and in between. Visit Resolve’s support group webpage for further details.