Many of our patients express a desire for information on a variety of topics related to infertility. We have gathered a number of resources that you may find useful, educational, and a source of support as you build your family.
Hope and Support
Hope and Support—a Seattle-based Infertility Support Group is a Facebook closed group that connects people who are struggling with infertility.
Other closed Facebook Support Groups:
Hope and Support – a Seattle-based Infertility Support Group for Men
Hope and Support – a Seattle-based Pregnant after Infertility Support Group
The Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)
Seattle Reproductive Medicine is a member of The Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), an organization dedicated to providing patients with useful information and advancing the standards of assisted reproductive technology, such as IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) rates. SRM’s 2013 outcome data has recently been published and can be found on this website. You may find the national statistics on this page useful and informative.
American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
The vision of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) is to be the nationally and internationally recognized leader for multidisciplinary information, education, advocacy, and standards in the field of reproductive medicine. ASRM serves as the professional association for practitioners in the field of Reproductive Medicine and Infertility. In addition to the material focused for practitioners, their website includes a broad range of patient-focused information. The material on their website has been reviewed by experts for accuracy.
The mission of RESOLVE, a nonprofit organization founded in 1974 by Barbara Eck Menning, is to provide timely, compassionate support and information to people who are experiencing infertility and to increase awareness of infertility issues through public education and advocacy. Their website provides a variety of support options.
- Ferticalm – provides a variety of more than 500 custom coping options for over 50 specific situations which have the potential to cause distress throughout the family building journey.
- Seattle Family Acupuncture – Johanna Flynn, L.Ac
- Yoga for Fertility – Lynn Jensen, instructor – Registration is open for Winter 2019 Classes:
- Yoga for Fertility at Whole Life Yoga – Yoga for Fertility February Session – Thursdays from 6 – 7:15 pm, February 7 – March 14, 2019
- Mind Body Nutrition – Judy Simon MS, RDN, CD, CHES – Food for Fertility series starts again in early 2019
Third-Party Reproduction: Donor Egg, Donor Sperm, Gestational Carrier, and Surrogacy
- OPTS The Organization for Parents Through Surrogacy
- Gestational Surrogate
- Donor Conception Network
- Parents Via Egg Donation
- Donor Sibling Registry
- Sperm Center
- Donor Conception Support Group Australia
Single Parents by Choice
- Family Pride Coalition
- Family Equality Council
- Colage (Support network for children of gay and bisexual parents)
- Infertility Network LGBTQ
- GLMA – Health equality
- LGBTQ Parent Connection
- Ingersoll Gender Center
- Connecticut Outreach Society for Transgender Individuals
- It’s Conceivable Now
- Proud Parenting
- International Social Club for Childfree Couples and Singles NoKidding
- Infertility Network
- Silent Sorority
- Fertility Walk, A Fertility Nurse’s Guide Along Your Journey – a great resource for those beginning treatment
- Fertility Walks, Hiking Gear for the Two-Week Wait – this book offers support through journaling
- Donor Conception Children’s Books
- Donor Conception Books for Parents
- Surrogacy Books for Children
- Gay/Lesbian/Single-Parent Children’s Books
- Gay/Lesbian/Single-Parent Parenting Books